National Three-Position Air Rifle Council Seeks Rulebook Suggestions
April 14, 2016Civilian Marksmanship Program▸The First Shot▸National Three-Position Air Rifle Council Seeks Rulebook Suggestions
The National Three-Position Air Rifle Council, the governing body for nearly all three-position air rifle competitions in the USA, will meet in the summer of 2016 to review and issue a new edition of their rulebook, the “2016-2018 National Standard Three-Position Air Rifle Rules.” In order to provide fair, up-to-date rules for three-position air rifle competitions, the Council requests that coaches, athletes, parents and match sponsors who have suggestions or recommendations regarding possible changes for the next National Standard Three-Position Air Rifle Rules submit those changes for National Council consideration.
The Council convenes every two years to discuss potential rule changes. Council members include The American Legion; the Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force JROTC Commands; BSA; CMP; Crosman Shooting Services; the Daisy Shooter Education Program; 4-H Shooting Sports; the U. S. Army Marksmanship Unit and USA Shooting.
Sections within the National Standard Three-Position Air Rifle Rules cover:
- GENERAL REGULATIONS (Including the NATIONAL GOVERNING BODY)
- ELIGIBILITY TO COMPETE
- INDIVIDUAL ATHLETES
- AIR RIFLES AND EQUIPMENT
- COMPETITION CONDITIONS
- COMPETITION OFFICIALS AND THEIR DUTIES
- COMPETITION PROCEDURES
- DRY FIRING
- SCORING TARGETS
- PROTESTS AND APPEALS
- NATIONAL RECORDS
- APPENDIX – SECTION I: NATIONAL THREE-POSITION AIR RIFLE COUNCIL PROGRAMS
- APPENDIX – SECTION II: JUNIOR EIC AWARD PROGRAM
- SILVER AND BRONZE EIC BADGES
- FIRING PROCEDURES AND RANGE OFFICER COMMANDS FOR
- THREE-POSITION COURSES OF FIRE AND FINALS
- COMMANDS FOR CONDUCTING 3X10, 3X20 AND STANDING COURSES OF FIRE
- COMMANDS FOR CONDUCTING A FINAL
To submit suggested changes to the National Standard Three-Position Air Rifle Rules, email them to [email protected] NO LATER than June 1, 2016.