Visit CMP Stores
At this time, CMP stores are closed until further notice. The CMP is shutting down all of its facilities and activities for the next two weeks, beginning Monday, March 23rd, with plans to return Monday, April 6. See our Special Notice.
The Civilian Marksmanship Program has announced the cancellation of multiple CMP Games events and CMP activities due to increased health concerns brought on by the COVID-19 virus outbreak. The CMP made its decisions based on the recommendation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Read our Special Notice.
About Our Stores
We invite to you visit the CMP Stores as an alternative to ordering by mail. Make your trip to Anniston, Alabama, Talladega, Alabama, or Port Clinton, Ohio, a special one so you can take all the time you need to personally handle rifles and hand-pick your treasure.
At our locations, our friendly store staff will be happy to help you select the rifle you’ve always wanted – whether it’s to build your rare collection, own a piece of history, shoot in competition or impress your friends at the range.
We always have knowledgeable armorers on hand to answer the most difficult questions or to simply help you understand the function and features of your new rifle. Bring your wish list to the store and our staff will be happy to make your rifle purchase a great experience and help you find appropriate accessories and ammunition.
We do not advise bringing rifles when you are visiting our stores. Issues concerning CMP firearms and other items should be communicated via [email protected].
Click here to read Important State or Locality Requirements.
Rifle purchases, new age limits for Florida, Illinois, and Hawaii have to be 21 years or older.
California Residents cannot take their rifle purchases with them as rifles must be shipped to an FFL.
Visit our South Store: Anniston, AL
Located on U.S. Interstate 20, the CMP South store is a 90-mile drive from Atlanta, Georgia, or 65 miles from Birmingham. The store is located in the foothills of the Appalachians, amidst several state and national forests and just east of the Talladega Super Speedway.
Where to Stay When Visiting CMP South
To view a list of overnight accommodations when visiting the CMP South Store, click here. (CMP Corporate Rates must be made by direct call and asking for “Civilian Marksmanship Program” or “CMP” Rate)
Visit our North Store: Port Clinton, OH
- CMP Camp Perry Store Grand Opening and Days of Operation are Undetermined
The grand opening and normal store operation dates are delayed until further notice.
Located on the shore of Lake Erie, just west of Port Clinton, the CMP North store is an 80-mile drive from Cleveland or 40 miles from Toledo.
At Camp Perry’s Ohio National Guard training site, CMP’s North store is in the heart of vacation-land, near Cedar Point amusement park, the Lake Erie islands and the walleye fishing capital of Ohio.
Where to Stay When Visiting the CMP North Store
To view a list of overnight accommodations when visiting the CMP North Store, click here. (CMP Corporate Rates must be made by direct call and asking for “Civilian Marksmanship Program” or “CMP” Rate).
Visit our Talladega Store: Talladega, AL
Hours are the same as the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park:
Monday and Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday and Thursday: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 – 5:00 PM
Located at the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park, the “Home of Marksmanship.” The store is located in the 13,000 square foot CMP Park Club house and is only two miles from the world-famous Talladega Superspeedway.
Where to Stay When Visiting the Talladega Store
To view a list of overnight accommodations when visiting the CMP Talladega Store, click here. (CMP Corporate Rates must be made by direct call and asking for “Civilian Marksmanship Program” or “CMP” Rate).
Directions to the CMP South Store
From Hwy 431 North:
- Head south on AL-1/US-431 N toward McClellan Blvd
- Turn left at Greenbrier Dear Rd
- Turn right at Sentinel Dr
1470 Sentinel Dr, Anniston, Calhoun, Alabama 36207
2.2 mi 440 ft
From I-20, exit 188:
- Head north on Golden Springs Rd/Leon Smith Pkwy
- Continue to follow Golden Springs Rd 1.2 mi
- Turn left at Greenbrier Dear Rd 0.3 mi
- Turn left at Sentinel Dr
- Destination will be on the right 436 ft
Directions to the CMP North Store
GPS Address: 2500 Davey Rd, Port Clinton, OH 43452
From Cleveland Airport:
- Get on I480 West, until you get to I80 (Ohio Turnpike).
- Take I80 West for one exit, to Elyria.
- Get off the turnpike, and go North on Rt57, to SR2.
- Take SR2 West, and travel for approximately 59 miles, until you cross the Portage River.
- Approximately 1 mile after you cross the Portage River, you will come upon railroad tracks with lights. Turn right here, between the 2 stone lighthouses.
- Once you get to the first stop sign, turn left. The store will be directly in front of you, Bldg 2500.
From Columbus Airport:
- Take I270 North to US23 N.
- Follow US23 N to SR4.
- At SR4, go north approximately 52 miles to SR2.
- Go West on SR2 for about 25 miles. Approximately 1 mile after you cross the Portage River, you will come upon railroad tracks with lights. Turn right here, between the 2 stone lighthouses.
- Once you get to the first stop sign turn left. The store will be directly in front of you, Bldg 2500.
From Toledo Express Airport:
- Take the Ohio Turnpike East for 39 miles, to Fremont, exit 91.
- Go North on SR 53, for 10 Miles to SR2.
- Get on SR2 West, and go 2 ½ – 3 miles. You will see 2 stone lighthouses on your right; this is the entrance to Camp Perry. Turn right here.
- Once you get to the first stop sign, turn left; the store will be directly in front of you, Bldg 2500.