CMP 3PAR State Championships
CMP State Championship matches are shoulder-to-shoulder three position air rifle matches held on the state level. These matches are hosted by local state directors. (See the application to sanction at three-position air rifle match here.) State Championship medals may be purchased from the CMP at the time of sanctioning for $6.00 each.
Each state’s team winners in sporter and precision, as well as the top individual (not on a qualifying team) will qualify to participate in the 2024 CMP National Championship.
CMP State Championship Guidelines
CMP State Championship competitions must be held 15 January 2024 – 1 April 2024. All results should be uploaded within one week of the competition and must be received by 8 April 2024.
- One match per state is preferred, but multiple locations are permitted.
- Overseas teams are eligible, please contact CMP for additional information.
- Match directors must submit match sanctioning on or before December 1, 2023.
- Matches must allow both sporter and precision class athletes to participate.
- Matches must fire a 3×20 course of fire using integer scoring. Finals are optional.
- Four team members should be selected before the competition begins. Best-Four-Count teams are not permitted.
- Each state’s Championship and area matches must meet minimum size requirements. Sporter and precision classes are looked at separately and must meet requirements separately.
- There must be 2 or more teams
- There must be 3 or more individuals
- State winners will qualify for the CMP National Championship (but must meet a minimum qualification score). The top sporter and precision team as well as the top individual (not on a qualifying team). This invitation is only good for the winners; invitations will NOT be passed down. State winners must be from the state the match was fired in. Minimum qualification scores are Sporter: 500 Individual; 2000 Team and Precision: 550 Individual; 2200 Team.
- In addition to the state winners, the following scores will automatically qualify teams for the nationals.
- Sporter: 530 Individual; 2075 Team
- Precision: 584 Individual; 2280 Team
- Teams/ individuals have to fire and qualify in their state’s competition unless the team in which they participate regularly with is in another state, which they can then fire in that state’s match as both a team member and individual.
- Teams/ individuals may fire out of state for EIC points, but are ineligible to qualify out of state (with the team exception stated above).
- States cannot combine their matches to meet minimum size requirements.
- State Championship medals may be purchased through the CMP at $6.00 each by match directors.
- Matches may be scored by any method. Center shots MUST be scored and recorded.
- EIC points will be awarded based on cut scores listed in the current rulebook.
CMP State Medals. Match directors hosting a CMP State Championship may purchase these medals to award at their competition. These are 2 inch medals with red/white/blue neck ribbons. $6.00 each. Available in gold, silver and bronze.