CMP 3PAR State Championships
CMP State Championship matches are shoulder-to-shoulder three position air rifle matches held on the state level. These matches are hosted either by the CMP State Director or a match director appointed by the State Director. (See the application to sanction at three-position air rifle match here.) State Championship medals may be purchased from the CMP at the time of sanctioning for $6.00 each.
Each state’s team winners in sporter and precision, as well as the top individual (not on a qualifying team) will qualify to participate in the 2022 CMP Regional Championship. Shooters may also fire in the CMP Postal Competition in addition to the state championship matches and are encouraged to do so. Registration for the postal opens on 18 October.
If sanctioned, your deadline to conduct a match is 6 February 2022.
CMP State Championship Guidelines
CMP State Championship competitions must be held 1 October 2021 – 6 February 2022. All results should be uploaded within one week of the competition and must be received by 14 February 2022.
- One match per state is preferred. In 2022, multiple locations (virtual matches) will be permitted. Guidelines can be found in the NS3PAR Rulebook. Firing should be completed in a 8-day window. One match director will manage and combine results for each state. Only one application per state is necessary. Each location will need to fill out a match verification form. Overseas teams are eligible, please contact CMP for additional information.
- Match sanctioned by State Director, the state director may appoint a Match Director(s). If there is not a state director for your state, please contact us.
- Matches must allow both sporter and precision class athletes to participate.
- Matches must fire a 3×20 course of fire using integer scoring. Finals are optional.
- Each state’s Championship and area matches must meet minimum size requirements. Sporter and precision classes are looked at separately and must meet requirements separately.
- There must be 2 or more teams
- There must be 3 or more individuals
- State winners will qualify for the CMP Regional Championship. The top sporter and precision team as well as the top individual (not on a qualifying team). This invitation is only good for the winners; invitations will NOT be passed down. All additional teams and individuals must qualify through the postal competition.
- Teams/ individuals have to fire and qualify in their state’s competition unless the team in which they participate regularly with is in another state, which they can then fire in that state’s match as both a team member and individual.
- Teams/ individuals may fire out of state for EIC points, but are ineligible to qualify out of state (with the team exception stated above).
- States cannot combine their matches to meet minimum size requirements.
- State Championship medals may be purchased through the CMP at $6.00 each by match directors.
- Matches may be scored by any method. Center shots MUST be scored and recorded.
- EIC points will be awarded based on cut scores listed in the current rulebook.