Junior Athletes: Apply Now to Receive Thousands Through CMP’s Scholarship Program
November 3, 2021Civilian Marksmanship Program▸The First Shot▸Junior Athletes: Apply Now to Receive Thousands Through CMP’s Scholarship Program
High school student-athletes involved in marksmanship programs have the opportunity to gain educational benefits for their commitment to hard work by applying for the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) Scholarships for the 2022-2023 school year. These scholarships may be used to pursue post-secondary education or vocational programs, continuing CMP’s mission of supporting youth marksmen.
Since the program’s beginning in 2005, the CMP has annually offered $1,000 one-year scholarships to current high school seniors based on academic merit, humanitarian efforts, extracurricular activities and marksmanship participation. Through its dedication to youth marksmanship and safety programs, the CMP has awarded $3 million and growing in scholarship money to thousands of outstanding youth marksmanship competitors.
Along with the $150,000 of awarded scholarships set for the 2022-2023 school year, the CMP will present a $5,000 Carolyn Hines Memorial Scholarship to the top graduating senior who best embodies the well-rounded values of Dr. Hines, who was instrumental in shaping the CMP Scholarship Program. The overall applicant will be determined by members of the CMP Scholarship Committee.
TO BE CONSIDERED, applicants must present:
- A list of past and present rifle or pistol competition history, awards, involvements, and future expectations for the sport.
- Proof of participation, including match bulletins, photos or CMP Competition Tracker printouts (from the applicant; CMP will not look up Tracker info), which MUST be presented in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- Academic information such as GPA (3.0 or above – anything below 3.0 will not be accepted), test scores and an official transcript.
- A list of extracurricular activities.
- A letter explaining why the applicant is applying and what future plans the money will fund.
- A nomination/recommendation letter from a coach or instructor.
Incomplete applications will not be considered, so please check that all required information is sent. Applicants may call a few weeks after their application is sent in order to confirm all required info is met.
Because the CMP takes great care in personally reading each application, all mandatory information (including forms and other necessary materials) must be sent to the CMP in its entirety. Staff members are eager to recognize praiseworthy student-athletes for their hard work – so please take extra precaution in sending all application requirements.
The deadline for application submission is March 20, 2022. Application forms and other scholarship information can be found by visiting https://thecmp.org/youth/cmp-scholarship-program/. For specific questions, please contact Kathy Williams at 419-635-2141, ext. 709 or email email@example.com.