CMP Recognizes Top Scorers in National Three-Position Air Rifle Postal Competition
March 13, 2022Civilian Marksmanship Program▸The First Shot▸CMP Recognizes Top Scorers in National Three-Position Air Rifle Postal Competition
The results are in for the Civilian Marksmanship Program’s (CMP) 2021-2022 National Three-Position Postal Competition. The annual event saw over 1,060 participants in total over the course of the postal period, which ran from October 2021 to February 2022.
The annual competition is designed for sporter and precision junior marksmen involved in 4-H, Scouts, American Legion, club or JROTC air rifle programs. Top scoring athletes of the Postal event move on to the Regional Championships, set to be held in Ohio, Alabama and Utah in March and April. The culminating National Championships will be held at the Gary Anderson CMP Competition Center in Camp Perry, Ohio, June 23-25, 2022 (sporter) and July 13-15, 2022 (precision).
Leading scorers of the 2021-2022 CMP Three-Position Postal Competition include:
- Charles Bratton, 17, Clover High School AFJROTC, South Carolina – 280-9X
- Kyler Boyce, 17, Lebanon High School AJROTC, Oregon – 279-10X
- Rylie Stoeser, 17, Pierre Junior Shooters, South Dakota – 278-12X
- Parker Haydin, 18, Granbury High School MCJROTC, Texas – 298-23X
- Griffin Lake, 16, Ontelaunee Jr. Rifle Team, Pennsylvania – 297-24X
- Sunnee Schumann, 17, Granbury High School MCJROTC, Texas – 297-23X
- Zion Benton High School NJROTC, Illinois – 1087-32X
- Clover High School AFJROTC, South Carolina – 1085-27X
- Western Nebraska Shooting Sports 4-H, Nebraska – 1074-29X
- Granbury High School MCJROTC, Texas – 1184-80X
- Lafayette Gun Club, Virginia – 1175-75X
- Grand Rapids Rifle & Pistol Club, Michigan – 1165-67X
View a complete list of results of the 2021-2022 CMP Three-Position Postal Competition at https://ct.thecmp.org/2022CMPPostalResults.
About the CMP Three-Position Postal Competition:
During the Postal match, competitors receive targets by mail to record shots at their home ranges in each of the three positions: prone, standing and kneeling. Targets are then submitted back to CMP headquarters for official scoring by staff members. State Championships, also part of the CMP Three-Position Air Rifle series, are conducted by CMP State Directors or specially appointed Match Directors. Learn more about these championships at https://thecmp.org/youth/three-position-national-postal-competition/.