CMP Offers GSMM Master Instructor, Range Officer Training Courses in 2022
January 16, 2022Civilian Marksmanship Program▸The First Shot▸CMP Offers GSMM Master Instructor, Range Officer Training Courses in 2022
For those interested in learning more about how to train others in marksmanship or how to oversee competitive events, the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) has announced its lineup of Master Instructor and Range Officer training courses for 2022.
Advanced classes are available to experienced individuals looking to become certified in teaching marksmanship basics and match details as “Master Instructors” of CMP’s sanctioned Garand, Springfield and Modern/Vintage Military (GSMM) rifle or Rimfire Sporter rifle events. The registration fee of $135 for the class includes a notebook, thumb drive, sling, 10 clips, 20 dummy rounds and a CMP Rifle Scorebook.
Upcoming 2022 GSMM Master Instructor Training Workshops held during the year:
- Feb. 26, 2022 – CMP North, Camp Perry, Ohio
- March 11, 2022 – Western Games, Phoenix, Arizona
- July 29, 2022 – National Matches, Camp Perry, Ohio
- Nov. 15, 2022 – Talladega 600, Talladega, Alabama
For more on CMP Master Instructors, visit https://thecmp.org/training-tech/gsmm-master-instructor/.
Those wishing to be trained on facilitating athletes and ensuring safety on the range at CMP sanctioned competitions should enroll in the CMP Range Officer Training Courses, accessible at many venues around the country throughout the year. The training is currently offered at Level I and Level II stages.
Level I promotes training suitable for all shooting disciplines, showcasing basic Range Officer information. The online course includes instruction, followed by a short quiz. Participants must pass the quiz before being permitted to move on to Level II training. A class fee of $75 is required for the Level I class.
Level II provides instruction specialized to a certain shooting discipline, including Highpower Rifle (and As-Issued Military Rifle), Bulls-Eye Pistol and Rimfire Sporter/Smallbore Rifle. The course covers guns and equipment used, courses of fire, event rules and how to handle issues and violations, along with other match-specific details. The one-day Level II course is $40 to attend.
Level II Range Officer Training Courses scheduled in 2022 for Highpower (HP) Rifle and Pistol:
- March 11, 2022 – Western Games, Phoenix, Arizona (HP Rifle and Pistol)
- April 22, 2022 – Eastern Games, Camp Butner, North Carolina (HP Rifle and Pistol)
- May 13, 2022 – Douglas Ridge Eagle Creek, Oregon (HP Rifle and Pistol)
- June 8, 2022 – Talladega D-Day Matches, Talladega, Alabama (HP Rifle and Pistol)
- June 17, 2022 – Fairfax Rod & Gun, Manassas, Virginia (HP Rifle and Pistol)
- July 11, 2022 – National Matches, Camp Perry, Ohio (Pistol)
- July 19, 2022 – National Matches, Camp Perry, Ohio (Smallbore/Rimfire)
- July 30, 2022 – National Matches, Camp Perry, Ohio (HP Rifle)
- Sept. 19, 2022 – New England Games, Jericho, Vermont (HP Rifle only)
- Sept. 30, 2022 – Illinois State Rifle, Bonfield, Illinois (HP Rifle and Pistol)
- Oct. 17, 2022 – Oklahoma Games, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (HP Rifle only)
- Nov. 14, 2022 – Talladega 600, Talladega, Alabama (HP Rifle and Pistol)
For more information on each Range Officer Training Course and to register, visit https://thecmp.org/training-tech/range-officer-training-course/.
Questions on either the GSMM Master Instructor Workshop or the Range Officer Training Courses may be directed to CMP’s Kim Filipiak at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-635-2141 ext. 706.