CMP Announces Rulebook Changes for 2014-2015Civilian Marksmanship Program▸The First Shot▸CMP Announces Rulebook Changes for 2014-2015
The CMP Rules Committee has approved the 2014-2015 18th Edition of the CMP Competition Rules for Service Rifle and Service Pistol and the 2014 2nd Edition CMP Rules for CMP Games Rifle and Pistol Matches. This is the earliest the CMP has released a new version of the Rulebooks, which previously were released in March or April. In another major change, the CMP Rimfire Sporter Rules, which were previously in a separate rulebook, are now included in the CMP Games Rules.
The CMP will continue to use two separate Rulebooks: one for Service Rifle and Service Pistol Rules and one for CMP Games Rules. This is a change the CMP adopted in 2013 to eliminate the confusion that sometimes occurred between Service Rifle and Service Pistol Rules and the unique rules for CMP Games events.
Unlike previous years, the Service Rifle and Service Pistol Rulebook will be in effect for 2 years (2014-2015), since the rules have remained essentially unchanged over the past few years. Changes to this Rulebook include:
· Page 25 – CMP Protest Committees will be appointed by the CMP Chief Operating Officer (Rule 5.12.3 and 5.12.4).
· Page 66 – The rules for awarding Credit Points for Paralympic Games and IPC Championships are updated (Rule 9.3.7).
The CMP Games Rulebook will continue to be a one-year Rulebook. New to the 2014 Edition, all rules specific to particular CMP Games events have been arranged and organized into sections devoted to those specific events. Also, the Rulebook now includes the CMP Rimfire Sporter Rifle Match Rules (Rule 8.0). Additional changes include:
· Page 11 – New Open Individual Category (OIC) (Rule 2.7.4), for competitors who do not comply with eligibility, equipment or firing position rules.
· Page 19 –Early or Late Shots (Rule 3.7.3), that determines consequences for shooters firing before or after LOAD, COMMENCE FIRING or CEASE FIRING commands, respectively.
· Page 36 – Weight for U.S. Modern Sporting Rifles, Class A, may
not exceed 7.75 lbs. (Rule 5.2.3).
· Page 48 – Sandbag rest regulations were added to the Rulebook (Rule 6.4.3). The CMP or match sponsor will issue sandbags. No competitor-supplied sandbags will be permitted.
Page 62 – Early or Late Shots rule is updated (Rule 8.4.8) for Rimfire Sporter Matches.
Page 95 – 2014 CMP Achievement Scores (Annex G) for awarding achievement medals or pins in CMP Games Matches are updated. New Achievement Scores are provided for the Modern Military Rifle, As-Issued M1911 Pistol and Military & Police Pistol Matches.
Those interested in seeing the complete CMP Competition Rulebooks can download them from the CMP website at https://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-competitions-rulebooks/. Comments on the rules or recommendations for the rulebooks are welcome and should be sent to CMP Headquarters at [email protected]