GSSF CMP National Challenge
The GSSF CMP National Challenge will be conducted over a two-day period. The match will be held on Saturday, July 17, 2021, and Sunday, July 18, 2021. Participants must be current GSSF members to qualify for plaques and prizes.
If you are not currently a member, you may join online at www.gssfonline.com or upon registration CMP. A 1-year GSSF membership is offered at a discounted rate of $25 at this location only and all 1 year renewals are $25 and it allows you to compete in any GSSF match.
Competitors may shoot ANY GLOCK pistol in the GSSF CMP National Challenge with the exceptions of the G36, G42 & G43.
The Lewis Prize Allocation System is used to distribute as equitably as possible. Each separate pistol used during the match will be a separate entry. Participants may shoot more than one pistol at each event. The course of fire may be shot more than once per pistol. For each division ONLY the first course of fire will be placed in the rankings.
The result is one final score for each entry, which is then listed in the overall order in which he/she finished. The overall list is then divided into thirds, with the top one-third considered “A Class,” the second one-third is “B Class,” and the final one-third is the “C Class.” Plaques are awarded to the top competitor of each division, Stock, Unlimited, Rimfire and other special recognition categories. Master Shooters are not eligible for the various subcategories that are offered.
- Adults: $20.00 each, re-entry $15.00
- Juniors: $15.00 each, re-entry $10.00
COURSE OF FIRE OPTION A
EASE AND EFFICIENCY FOR RANGE OFFICER
Competitor faces NRA “D1” paper targets at distances of 15, 25, 30, 50, and 75 Feet OR 5, 7(21ft), 10, 15 and 25 yards, with firing timed as follows:
**500 CLUB qualifying course of fire**
|D-1||10 rounds||15 feet OR||5 yards||15 seconds|
|D-1||10 rounds||25 feet OR||7 (21ft) yards||15 seconds|
|CHANGE TARGETS NOW|
|D-1||10 rounds||30 feet OR||10 yards||15 seconds|
|D-1||10 rounds||50 feet OR||15 yards||15 seconds|
|D-1||10 rounds||75 feet OR||25 yards||15 seconds|
Allocate points for each shot as follows:
10 points = X Ring
10 points = 10” Ring
8 points = 8” Ring
5 points = any other bullet mark on the target
If a shot cuts the line, the higher point value is given.
There is a maximum of 500 points.
CLASSIFICATION AND AWARDS SYSTEM
It is our intention to bring more consistency between the outdoor and indoor league matches and to provide competition on a “level playing field” during all GSSF Competitions. GLOCK firearms are divided into three divisions – Stock, Unlimited and Rimfire. The Lewis Prize Allocation System will be used in the Stock Division only. A First Place Plaque will be provided for the top score in Unlimited, Rimfire divisions and Sub catagories. Below are guidelines for classification:
GLOCK Firearms are considered to be “Stock” if all firearm components are or ever have been available from GLOCK, Inc. Additional allowable modifications are specified below:
- “Hogue-Grip” type sleeves, “A-Grip” panels, “skateboard tape” or other grip-enhancing materials that do not materially alter the function of the stock firearm
- Slide and barrel stripping and/or refinishing
- Pearce Grip, Inc. grip extenders only on subcompact and slim line models.
- Aftermarket replacement non-metallic base plates on magazines, Post and notch sights (“patridge” sights) excluding any sight requiring slide modifications. Please note that fiber-optic and express sights are approved.
Any combination of GLOCK produced firearm parts that do not, in the sole opinion of the Range Master, result in a significant competitive advantage in the stock division are safe to utilize.
The following modifications will necessitate placement of the firearm in the Unlimited Division:
- Any non-post and notch sights including, but not limited to, “Ghost Ring” or laser, electronic and optical sights.
- Wrap-around “grip sleeves” on magazines
- Aftermarket component parts and barrels
- Recoil spring guide/recoil reducer assemblies
- Aftermarket extended slide stop levers
- Firing pins (modified/aftermarket)
- Connectors (modified/aftermarket)
- Metallic magazine well “funnels” or “slugs”
- Lights or other barrel weights
- Any modification deemed by the Range Master to create an unfair competitive advantage.
G36, G42, G43 and G44 pistols are excluded from Unlimited Division
The Rimfire Division is for the GLOCK model 44.
- All scoring disputes will be determined by host range
- Winners will be posted on the GSSF website at gssfonline.com under the Indoor League tab
- Go to gssfonline.com for the GSSF Indoor League Match nearest you and come join us for some fun on the range.
Plaques will be awarded for the following:
- Overall Match High Shooter
- High Stock Glock
- High Unlimited Glock
- High Guardian
- High Senior
- High Women
- High Junior
Pistols Available for Match!
In order to encourage even more participation and to promote competitive shooting, GLOCK has offered to bring extra pistols to the National Matches to be used by those who may not have access to a pistol but are interested in competing in the match.
Though free to use, those who borrow pistols will still need to purchase their own 9 MM ammo to fire in the National Challenge match. Those using a loaned pistol must bring or purchase ammo necessary for the event – limited quantities may be available on the range during the competition. Participants may sign up to fire in multiple relays.