WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING 1911 PACKETS. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US TO RECEIVE A 1911 PACKET.
We have received no information about the future release of anymore pistols. When we know, we will post the information here.
The latest information on the 1911’s will be posted on this page.
If you would like to sign up for our Sales Email Updates, please visit thecmp.org/email/.
1911 UPDATE – DECEMBER 2019
Please make sure you use the correct email to communicate with our 1911 staff:
- 1911 FFL Information: [email protected]
- Auction Inquires: [email protected]
- General 1911 Inquires: [email protected]
- RGN Inquires: [email protected]
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure his chosen FFL Dealer is still in business and at the location contained in their order packet. If the pistol is returned, the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping the pistol to another FFL. WE WILL NOT GIVE TRACKING INFORMATION TO CUSTOMERS.
We have had numerous complaints from customers upset that “someone” has scratched their name or initials and unit on the pistols (PFC Lead or Butter bar OB / OA 8/78. These are not names or initials & unit, LEAD is for LETTERKENNY Army Depot where the pistol went through a rebuild and OB / OA is for where the USMC rebuilt the pistol (OB for Barstow & OA for Albany) and 8 / 78 is the month and year it was rebuilt. )
We are attempting to contact customers and are finding their “mail box” is full or they have not set up their mail box. Please clear or set up your mail box, so we may leave voice messages.
We only have 7 phones in our building and we receive 100’s of calls a day, leave a message and we will get back to you.
Some are asking why we are listing pistols on our Auction site instead of filling orders, the pistols placed on the Auction site are rare, odd, special, commercial pistols that have found their way into the Army’s system and do not meet C & R requirements and other such reasons.
1911 Update – AUGUST 2019
We are now placing pistols on our Auction site. They are listed under the “MEMORABILIA” tab. The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction.
Note: If you have already purchased a 1911 from CMP you will not be allowed to purchase an auction 1911. If you purchase an auction 1911, your name will be pulled from the sequenced list. No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled. CMP 1911 Paperwork and Payment must be received by 3:00 pm CST, the following Friday from date of auction close out. CMP 1911 Paperwork will be emailed to the winning bidder. ALL CMP 1911 requirements must be met. It is the responsibility of the winning bidder to finish a copy of the FFL where they wish the pistol to be sent. Again, we can only ship to a 01, 02 or o7 FFL holder. You may direct any questions to: [email protected].
We are still having pistols returned because their chosen FFL has gone out of business, closed for vacation, not opened during normal business hours and so on, it is the responsibility of the customer not CMP 1911 to make sure their FFL is available to receive the pistol. If the pistol is returned to CMP 1911 due to no fault of CMP 1911, the customer will be charged $25.00 for reshipment of the pistol. Before contacting CMP 1911 asking where your pistol is, please CALL your FFL to make sure they are not sitting on it. We have had numerous customers call after 60 days asking where their pistols is, and it has been sitting for 59 days at their FFL.
Some have complained about the “light gray” color of the pistols, we have found this is most likely due to the Parkerizing drying out due to storage. We have found that by oiling the pistol, the color will darken. It may take several coats oil. Remember some of these pistols have set in storage since the 60’s.
RGN NUMBER UPDATE – MAY 2019
As has been stated before, we have a lot of people that did not receive their RGN number for a number of reasons. PLEASE DO NOT CALL CMP 1911 ASKING FOR YOUR NUMBER, this ties up the staff and interrupts them from processing orders. If you have not received your RGN number, please send an email to: [email protected]. DO NOT send to CMP Customer Service as they can not access the spreadsheet and must forward the email to cmp 1911. We will respond to your email as soon as we can.
A lot of people are under the assumption that if they are able to receive CMP updates and the CMP Newsletter, they can receive emails from CMP 1911, this is not always the case as CMP (rifles) and CMP 1911 operate from different servers. We have discovered that some .gov, .edu, .mil, .rr.com, sbcglobal.net and some other email address will not accept emails from CMP 1911, they are kicked backed as “blocked” or “undeliverable. This may the reason you have not received your RGN number.
All random generated numbers have been assigned, 98% of customers have been notified of their RGN number. The 2% that have not received their RGN numbers is because of a number of reasons, the biggest is their IP sever will not accept an email from our sever and are being kicked backed. Also, it seems a large number of people changed their email address and failed to tell us or we can not read their writing on their packets. We are still attempting to notify everyone of their RGN numbers. Just because you receive an RGN number you are not guaranteed a pistol. We still have to go through your order packet to make sure it is complete & correct.
At times it may appear that we have skipped over some numbers but I can ensure you we have not. If a person goes on NICs delay or we cannot contact a person, we move on down the list. We will attempt to contact the customer several times, using the telephone number listed in the order packet. We will leave a message if we can. It seems a large number of people have not set up their voice mail or it is full. If after several attempts by phone, we will send an email giving that person 5 business days to contact us. If still no response then the order packet is rejected. If a person goes on NICs delay, we have to wait 30 days before we can conduct another NICs inquiry.
If there is a problem with an order packet, we will notify you as to why it has been rejected. The biggest cause of rejection so far is incomplete paperwork/missing paperwork.
As has been stated numerous times, the bulk of these pistols have all been through at least one rebuild in its life and 99% are mix-masters of parts and have been refinished. We will not trade slides or receivers, what you get is what you get. If you are not happy your only option is to return the pistol and we will refund your money.
Remember it could take up to 90 days for the charge to show up on your credit card after we get your payment information. Before calling us about where your pistol is CHECK WITH YOUR FFL. We have had a lot of pistols return to CMP 1911 because there was no one at the FFL address to accept the pistol. If a pistol leaves FedEx in the morning and is still on the truck at the end of the day, it is returned to CMP 1911. Pistols WILL NOT be held at the FedEx Hub. If this happens it is the customers responsibility to cover the cost of reshipping the pistol.
We have not received any information if we will receive additional pistols, when we do we will post the information on our web site.
Thank you for your patience and support.
1911 UPDATE – MAY 2018
While the National Defense Authorization Act granted transfer of a maximum of 10,000 1911s per year to the CMP, the Secretary of the Army allowed only 8,000 1911s to be transferred to the CMP for sale and distribution this fiscal year. Some of those are anticipated to be unusual and worthy of being auctioned. The remaining number will be sold based on a computerized Random Number Generator.
The CMP does not know what next year’s allotment might be.
THE PROCEDURES FOR PURCHASING 1911 TYPE PISTOLS FROM CMP 1911
Every applicant will be treated as a new customer to CMP.
Previous purchases or relationships with CMP create no advantage or disadvantage to the customer.
CMP 1911 is an FFL governed operation and is a separate entity from CMP and has its own record keeping operation with no ties to the existing CMP records.
All ordering information is included in the CMP 1911 order packet. The information contained in the packet should answer ALL QUESTIONS regarding the ordering process. ORDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BEFORE 4 SEPTEMBER 2018. ORDERS RECEIVED BEFORE THAT DATE WILL BE DESTROYED.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and support.
CMP 1911 CUSTOMER PURCHASE DETAILS:
- CMP 1911 customer service number is 256-835-8455 extension 461
- CMP 1911 customer service email address [email protected]
- Only ONE CMP 1911 order form packet per customer may be submitted.
- CMP 1911 order form packet must be mailed to the following address. This includes USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, etc. Orders must be postmarked NOT PRIOR TO 4 September 2018 and NOT AFTER 4 October 2018. Any orders received postmarked prior to September 4 will not be accepted. Hand delivered, emailed and faxed orders will not be accepted. Only orders sent to the following CMP 1911 address will be accepted:
1800 Roberts Drive
Anniston, AL 36207
- The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequential order through the random picking process. Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator. The CMP 1911 customers will select their grade of pistol (Service, Field or Rack) from available inventory at the time of order notification. Customers with higher numbers may have fewer grades from which to choose. When this year’s allotment of 1911s is exhausted, the remaining orders will be held in the existing sequence for all future allotments of 1911s. The CMP does not know what future allotments might be.
CMP 1911 FFL CONTACT INFORMATION DETAILS:
All 1911’s will be shipped to a 01, 02 or 07 Federal Firearms License. Customers MUST provide a signed copy of the 01, 02 or 07 FFL.
- CMP 1911 dedicated fax number 256-831-2354 for FFL dealers to fax their FFLs with the customer’s name attached.
- CMP 1911 dedicated email address [email protected] to send their FFLs with customer’s name attached.
- CMP 1911 is currently accepting FFL contacts pursuant to FFL requirements.
CMP 1911 PRICING:
CMP has priced the 1911 type pistols at fair market value in accordance with CMP’s enabling legislation.
Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
Field Grade $950. Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
Rack Grade $850. Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition but is functional. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
Auction Grade (Sales will to be determined by auctioning the pistol). The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction. Note: If you have already purchased a 1911 from CMP you will not be allowed to purchase an auction 1911. If you purchase an auction 1911, your name will be pulled from the sequenced list. No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
All pistols are inspected and test fired by the CMP. The shipping cost is included in the price.
ADDITIONAL CMP 1911 DETAILS:
- Potential purchasers will have to provide CMP with a set of CMP 1911 documents exhibiting: 1) proof of U.S. Citizenship, 2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club, 3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity, 4) a completed 1911 order form, including a new form 2A with notary, 5) a signed copy of the 01, or 02, or 07 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to. All qualifying documents must be included in your order packet. No qualifying documents, other than the FFL, will be accepted without an order packet. Note: The signed copy of the FFL may be faxed or emailed to CMP 1911 with the customer name attached. Click here to view the CMP Eligibility Requirements for ordering .
- A NICS background check on each customer will be performed by the FBI to assure the customer is eligible to purchase prior to shipment to the FFL licensed dealer. The customer must receive a “proceed” from NICS prior to shipment of the pistol to the FFL licensed dealer.
- The CMP customer will be required to complete a Form 4473 in person at the FFL dealer’s place of business and successfully pass a NICS check, in which the information is provided by the FFL holder to NICS, before the pistol can be transferred. This is a second NICS check performed on the customer. Note: The FFL licensed dealer in which the pistol is retrieved from will have to follow all federal, state, and local laws.
- All orders by customers will have to be filled prior to any customer getting the opportunity to purchase a second CMP 1911.
- No 1911s will be available in the CMP stores, or on-line. Only mail order sales will be accepted. All 1911 orders must be delivered via USPS, UPS, Fed EX, etc. to the CMP 1911 address listed above. No in store or at the door drop off orders will be accepted.
- CMP will stop accepting orders at the end of business on 4 October 2018. Customer’s names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator. The sequenced order for customers will be established and each time CMP receives 1911s, customer orders will be filled in the originally established sequence. No one will be allowed to repeat purchase until all orders are filled.
- The customer’s sequence number will be sent to the individual via email once such sequence number is established.
- Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.
- Pistol grade and payment arrangement will be established when the customer is contacted by CMP sales staff at time of purchase. DO NOT send payment with your 1911 order. Customers will have 5 days to submit payment once notified.
- 1911s from CMP will be allowed in California because they meet the California definition of Curio and Relic. They will ship to 01, or 02, or 07 FFLs in California. At of the time of this release, only the state of Massachusetts will not allow the sale of the 1911/1911A1 pistol.
- All required information is included in this release. If you have questions, please email the address listed above. If you choose to call the number listed, please be prepared for a long wait time.
REASONS FOR THE TWO NICS CHECKS:
First Reason: The first NICS conducted by the FBI for the CMP makes sure the customer can legally possess the 1911 type pistol prior to shipping it to the local 01, or 02, or 07 FFL dealer. The CMP, Congress, and the United States Army do not want the 1911 to have to be returned to CMP 1911 if the purchaser is not legal to possess. The more time the pistol is in transit, the more likely it is that it could be lost or stolen. The second NICS check is performed by the FBI for the local 01, or 02, or 07 FFL in accordance with their standard transfer procedures and all federal, state, and local laws.
Second Reason: CMP’s enabling legislation mandated by Congress specifies that the purchaser “successfully pass a thorough and complete background check”, i.e. NICS. CMP cannot turn any firearm over to the purchaser until it receives a “proceed” from NICS; the local FFL can turn the pistol over after 72 business hours have elapsed if they have not heard back from NICS. Turning the pistol over after 72 hours and not getting a “proceed” does not satisfy CMP’s enabling legislation mandated by Congress. This leaves CMP no choice but to have a NICS check performed by the FBI and to get a “proceed” to satisfy its enabling legislation, before shipping to the local 01, or 02, or 07 FFL dealer.
Note: 1911 type pistols purchased from CMP cannot be transferred to 03 FFL (curio and relic) license holders. CMP’s legislation contained in the 2018 NDAA specifies FFL licensed dealers. BATF and the United States Army prefer the second background check be performed by the FBI on an FFL licensed dealer’s premises.