CMP Offers GSMM Master Instructor, Range Officer Training Courses in 2023
January 27, 2023Civilian Marksmanship Program▸The First Shot▸CMP Offers GSMM Master Instructor, Range Officer Training Courses in 2023
The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) has announced its lineup of Master Instructor and Range Officer training courses for 2023! These courses allow learning opportunities on how to train others in marksmanship as well as to ensure safety and proper regulations at local competitive events. The training schedule is stretched around the country throughout the year to increase CMP’s outreach to interested individuals.
Those seeking certification in teaching marksmanship basics and match details as “Master Instructors” of CMP’s sanctioned Garand, Springfield and Modern/Vintage Military (GSMM) rifle or Rimfire Sporter rifle events should look to the GSMM Master Instructor Training Workshops. Registration fee for the class is $135 and includes a notebook, thumb drive, sling, 20 dummy rounds and a CMP Rifle Scorebook.
Upcoming 2023 GSMM Master Instructor Training Workshops:
- April 28 – Eastern Games, Camp Butner, N.C.
- June 7 – Talladega D-Day Matches, Talladega, Ala.
- July 21 – National Matches, Camp Perry, Ohio
- Sept. 16 – New England Games, Jericho, Vt.
For more on CMP Master Instructors, visit https://thecmp.org/training-tech/gsmm-master-instructor/.
Likewise, those wishing to be trained on facilitating athletes and safety on the range at CMP sanctioned competitions should enroll in the CMP Range Officer Training Courses. The training is currently offered at Level I and Level II stages.
Level I promotes training suitable for all shooting disciplines, showcasing basic Range Officer information. The online course includes instruction, followed by a short quiz. Participants must pass the quiz before being permitted to move on to Level II training. A class fee of $75 is required for the Level I class.
Level II provides instruction specialized to a certain shooting discipline, including Highpower Rifle (and As-Issued Military Rifle), Bulls-Eye Pistol and Rimfire Sporter/Smallbore Rifle. The course covers guns and equipment used, courses of fire, event rules and how to handle issues and violations, along with other match-specific details. The one-day Level II course is $40 to attend.
Level II Range Officer Training Courses scheduled in 2023 for Highpower (HP) Rifle and Pistol:
- March 10 – Western Games, Phoenix, Ariz. (HP Rifle and Pistol)
- April 28 – Eastern Games, Camp Butner, N.C. (HP Rifle and Pistol)
- June 7 – Talladega D-Day Matches, Talladega, Ala. (HP Rifle and Pistol)
- July 7 – National Matches, Camp Perry, Ohio (Smallbore/Rimfire)
- July 9 – National Matches, Camp Perry, Ohio (Pistol)
- July 22 – National Matches, Camp Perry, Ohio (HP Rifle)
- Sept. 17 – New England Games, Jericho, Vt. (HP Rifle and Pistol)
- TBA – Talladega 600, Talladega, Ala. (HP Rifle and Pistol)
For more information on each Range Officer Training Course and to register, visit https://thecmp.org/training-tech/range-officer-training-course/.
Questions on either the GSMM Master Instructor Workshop or the Range Officer Training Courses may be directed to CMP’s Kim Filipiak at [email protected] or 419-635-2141 ext. 706. We hope to see you at these valuable training events!