The Civilian Marksmanship Program administers the National Three-Position Air Rifle Council match sanctioning program. Any club, team, school or group affiliated with a member organization of the Council may apply to have their three-position air rifle matches sanctioned. The CMP sanctioned more than 225 state and regional competitions for over 13,000 junior competitors in 2014.
The National Three-Position Air Rifle Council sanctions three-position air rifle matches to:
- officially recognize competitions conducted under the National Standard Three-Position Air Rifle Rules,
- foster the conduct of high quality competitions for juniors,
- provide a readily accessible public listing of three-position air rifle matches,
- facilitate the awarding of National Council Achievement Pins and EIC points, and
- recognize national records.
Please read the instructions before completing your application. A complete match program must be submitted with your application.
Once your club submits the application form to hold a Sanctioned Match, the application will be reviewed by our Three-Position Air Rifle Department. Once it is approved, the CMP will post information about your match in the Upcoming Events listing on the CMP website. Match sponsors may order the following items when completing the match sanctioning application.
In addition, CBIs (or Clear Barrel Indicators), Certificates of Achievement, competitor information sheets, and the NS3PAR Rulebook ($2.00 each) can be ordered.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Three-Position Air Rifle Department at 419-635-2141, ext. 702 or 3PAR@thecmp.org.