International Air Rifle & Pistol Competition and Clinic
November 3-5 2022
Sanctioned by USA Shooting
The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) invites you to participate in its 12th annual Anniston Marksmanship Center Dixie Doubles. This match offers 60-shot international air rifle standing and 60-shot air pistol events for open men and women and junior men and women. The match is a two-day event where competitors will fire one 60-shot event on each of two days.
Anniston’s Dixie Doubles took place at the Anniston CMP competition center. The competitions and events will feature:
- Air Rifle Standing
- Air Pistol
- Team Events
The scores from this match will be used for PSA (Performance Standard Average) and PSI (Performance Standard Individual) qualifying. Competitors in this match need to be members of USA Shooting. The competition will be governed by USA Shooting Rules.
About the Events
- Air Rifle Standing- The air rifle event is a two-day event open to competitors of all ages. Competitors will fire two 60 shot standing courses of fire on each of two days in accordance with USA Shooting rules. There will be concurrent open and junior finals each day. Juniors are eligible to make both the open and the junior finals; juniors who do so will have their scores count for awards in both categories. There is a limit of 75 competitors for this event.
- Air Pistol- The air pistol event is a two-day event open to competitors of all ages. Competitors will fire two 60 shots precision air pistol courses of fire on each of two days in accordance with USA Shooting rules. There will be concurrent open and junior finals each day. Juniors are eligible to make both the open and the junior finals; juniors who do will have their scores count for awards in both categories. There is a limit of 75 competitors for this event.
- Team Events- There will be two-person team events in both air pistol and air rifle. Teams are created with one Open competitor paired with one Junior. Teams must be assigned at check-in, before the start of competition.
CMP Competition Center South-INFO
The CMP constructed the Anniston Competition Center in 2008 and completed the installation of electronic targets on the range in 2009. The Center has a common area with classrooms, offices and ADA compliant restrooms. The facility features a 20,000 sq. foot state-of-the-art air gun range. The Competition Center has 80 firing points, all equipped with CMP/KTS electronic targets. All shots are instantly displayed on monitors beside each competitor and on display screens visible to spectators in the center area of the range. All firing is controlled by a computer operations center in the middle of the range.
CMP South Competition Center
1470 Sentinel Drive
Anniston, AL 36207
- Air Rifle Standing- The competition will be governed by the USA Shooting rules.
- Air Pistol- The competition will be governed by the USA Shooting rules.
- Air Rifle, 2×60 Shots – $50.00
- Air Pistol, 2×60 Shots – $50.00
- 2-Person Team, 2×120 Shots – $30.00
|HOTEL NAME Click name to visit hotel website name||Address||Phone||Room Type * Call for CMP Rate|
|Hilton Garden Inn||280 Colonial Dr||(256) 831-0083||King, Double Queen|
|Courtyard by Marriott||289 Colonial Dr||(256) 831-7995||King, Double Queen|
|Comfort Suites||125 Davis Loop||(256) 835-8873||King, Double Suite|
|Holiday Inn Express||160 Colonial Dr||(256) 835-8768||King, Double Queen, King Suite|
|Sleep Inn||88 Colonial Dr||(256) 831-2191||King, Double|
|Wingate Inn||143 Colonial Dr||(256) 831-1921||King, Double|
|Country Inn & Suites||100 Colonial Dr||(256) 241-0950||Double Queen Suite|
|Hampton Inn & Suites||210 Colonial Dr||(256) 831-8958||King, Double Queen Suite|