Dinh Reaches Perfect 300 Score in CMP’s National Three-Position Air Rifle Postals
April 5, 2023Civilian Marksmanship Program▸The First Shot▸Dinh Reaches Perfect 300 Score in CMP’s National Three-Position Air Rifle Postals
The results are in for the Civilian Marksmanship Program’s (CMP) 2022-2023 National Three-Position Postal Competition. The annual sporter and precision junior air rifle event saw 1,370 participants in total over the course of the postal period, which ran from October 2022 to February 2023.
Incredibly, the precision match saw Gracie Dinh, 17, of the Starkville Gun Club International Team in Mississippi, reaching a perfect score of 300-25X – the first 300 score in the match’s 10-year existence. Nearly matching the outstanding score was Katrina Demerle, 18, of Hamilton, OH, and Griffin Lake, 17, of Ontelaunee Jr. Rifle Team, PA, who each tallied a score of 299.
Sporter athlete Clara Yang, 17, of University High School, WA, fired a score of 281-8X to lead over last year’s sporter Postal top scorer Charles Bratton, 18, of Clover High School, SC, who trailed by one point.
High individuals and teams of the 2022-2023 CMP Three-Position Postal Competition:
- Clara Yang, 17, University High School, WA – 281-8X
- Charles Bratton, 18, Clover High School, SC – 280-10X
- Logan Major, 17, Brooke Point Navy JROTC, VA – 278-11X
- Gracie Dinh, 17, Starkville Gun Club International Team, MS – 300-25X
- Katrina Demerle, 18, Hamilton, OH – 299-26X
- Griffin Lake, 17, Ontelaunee Jr. Rifle Team, PA – 299-23X
- Zion Benton High School Navy JROTC, IL – 1096-38X
- Pascagoula High School Navy JROTC, MS – 1089-31X
- Pierre Junior Shooters, SD – 1087-31X
- Granbury Marine Corps JROTC High School, TX – 1180-81X
- Lafayette Gun Club, VA – 1177-88X
- Ontelaunee Jr. Rifle, PA – 1175-77X
Top scoring athletes of the Postal event move on to the Regional Championships, set to be held in Ohio, Alabama and Utah in April. The culminating National Championships will be held at the Gary Anderson CMP Competition Center in Camp Perry, Ohio, June 22-24 (sporter) and July 10-12 (precision).
View a complete list of results of the 2022-2023 CMP Three-Position Postal Competition at https://ct.thecmp.org/2023CMPPostalResults. To view a list of Regional Qualifiers or to learn more about the CMP Air Rifle Postal, visit https://thecmp.org/youth/three-position-national-postal-competition/.
About the CMP Three-Position Postal Competition:
The competition is designed for sporter and precision junior marksmen involved in 4-H, Scouts, American Legion, club or JROTC air rifle programs. During the Postal match, competitors receive targets by mail to record shots at their home ranges in each of the three positions: prone, standing and kneeling. Targets are then submitted back to CMP headquarters for official scoring by staff members. State Championships, also part of the CMP Three-Position Air Rifle series, are conducted by CMP State Directors or specially appointed Match Directors.