The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) offers $1000 one-year scholarships assistance to encourage and reward outstanding and deserving high school seniors on the basis of merit to selected high school seniors who are currently enrolled in a team or club that is participating in rifle or pistol marksmanship competitions. The CMP seeks applications from high school seniors who are currently compete in marksmanship competitions.
CMP Scholarships may be used to pursue a post-secondary education during the upcoming school year. Scholarships are one-year awards that may be used to fund any accredited post-secondary education or vocational program.
The scholarships are paid to the scholarship recipient but must be countersigned by the financial aid offices of the college where the student is enrolled. The check may then be used to pay other fees or expenses that are not covered by other awards or grants.
Eligibility requirements for CMP scholarships are:
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be of good moral character.
- Have achieved a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Be a graduating high school senior.
- Demonstrate acceptance to a university, college or trade school leading to a diploma or trade certification.
- Qualified for CMP JROTC Service Championships.
- Demonstrate rifle or pistol marksmanship competition experience.
- If you are planning on enrolling in a Military Academy you are not eligible.
To obtain specific scholarship program regulations and application forms for the Civilian Marksmanship Program scholarship, click on the appropriate heading below. They will be available in PDF format and may be printed for completion and submission.
The Civilian Marksmanship Program is proud to provide this scholarship program for deserving high school seniors who excel in rifle or pistol marksmanship. If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Williams at 419-635-2141, ext. 709, email [email protected].