CMP Announces Cancellations
March 12, 2020Civilian Marksmanship Program▸CMP Announces Cancellations
The following list of events is not all-inclusive but covers significant activities on the CMP calendar that have been cancelled. View a full list of cancellations at https://thecmp.org/l/cmp-cancellations/.
CMP staff members are back in the offices & the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park is open to the public. All events, matches and clinics are cancelled through June 30th.
CMP North and South Stores will open June 4th by appointment only. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.
CMP hopes to offer smaller matches from time to time, depending upon state limitations, and will post those as they become possible.
- The 2020 National Matches at Camp Perry, Ohio. All pistol and rifle events, originally scheduled for June 6 – August 8 are canceled, as are all other associated activities such as sales, competitor education and camps.
- The 2020 D-Day Matches at CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park, Alabama, originally scheduled for June 3-7.
- The 2020 3PAR Junior Olympic and CMP National Championships for precision and sporter rifle at Camp Perry, Ohio. The national sporter competition was set for June 25-27 and the dates of the national precision competition were to be held July 11-13.
- The CMP Rifle Marksmanship 101 school scheduled in the month of May at Camp Atterbury Training Site, Indiana.
- CMP Viale 800 Aggregate, EIC Match and Petrarca GSMM matches at Camp Perry on June 27 and 28.
- All Air Gun monthly matches, clinics and events at the Gary Anderson CMP Competition Center at Camp Perry and the CMP South Competition Center in Anniston through June 30th.
- CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park events, matches and clinics through June 30th.
The CMP ceased normal activities in mid-March and is working toward reopening later this year, as circumstances allow.
All participants who registered for cancelled events will be given a full refund of entry fees.
The CMP will continue to monitor the current environment and follow practices in the best interest of our staff, customers and participants.
April 22, 2020
2020 CMP NATIONAL RIFLE AND PISTOL MATCHES CANCELLED
After thoughtful consideration and reflection, the Board of Directors of the Civilian Marksmanship Program announces the cancellation of the 2020 National Matches at Camp Perry.
“This decision was not arrived at lightly, but was prompted by restrictions resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. These matches date back to 1903 and have been held at Camp Perry since 1906,” said Judith Legerski, CMP Board Chairman.
“The health and safety of our competitors, participants, vendors, military support, volunteers and staff members is of the upmost importance — overriding even the historical imperative of maintaining the continuity of the Matches,” agreed Legerski, with Chief Operating Officer Mark Johnson and Programs Chief Christie Sewell.
“We were unable to come up with a manner in which we could safely produce the Matches. Housing and pit duty were amongst the many insurmountable problems faced by the CMP Board,” Legerski explained.
The CMP looks forward to the 2021 National Matches at Camp Perry as the best marksmanship celebration ever! In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy at home, as we prepare for the new normal ahead of us.
All CMP operations have been shut down since mid-March and a full resumption of business remains undetermined. Full refunds will be made to those who have already registered.