National Trophy Pistol Matches
In 2021, CMP will expand the Pistol Matches to include the CMP National Championship Pistol Matches to be held at Camp Perry. Dates will be Monday, July 12 through Sunday, July 18.
The first trophy awarded was the General Custer Trophy that annually goes to the National Trophy Individual Pistol Champion. The Custer Trophy was first contested in 1904. The Gold Cup National Trophy Team Trophy was initially awarded in 1920. Today, the National Trophy Pistol Matches provide pistol national championship competitions that preserve the finest traditions of military marksmanship in the United States. A total of 24 different National Trophies are now awarded during the National Trophy Pistol Matches.
- Online Registration
- Printable Pistol Entry Form
- Official Pistol Program
- National Pistol Match Daily Schedule
- 2021 CMP National Match Calendar
- CMP Pistol Rules
- Individual Pistol Trophies and Awards
- Team and Special Aggregate Pistol Awards
CMP COMPETITION TRACKER AND INTERNET RESULTS POSTING
The CMP will post National Trophy Pistol scores fired during the day on the Internet just as soon as scorecards come in. Tell your shooting club, team members and family members that they also can watch National Match results on the CMP web site at ct.thecmp.org/nmpistolresults.
The National Matches Air Gun Matches will take place July 12 – August 14, 2021, at the CMP Marksmanship Center with its 80-point electronic target equipped range. Daily air gun matches programs will feature 30-shot pistol matches each day. A regular squadded National Matches Air Pistol Championship with a 60 shot course of fire may be fired on a date of each competitor’s choice. Check the National Matches Air Gun Events program for firing times. National Matches pistol competitors are encouraged to bring their air pistols to Camp Perry and to plan to compete in the daily re-entry matches and the 60-shot National Matches Air Pistol Championship.
ADDITIONAL PISTOL AWARDS
National Trophy Team Individual Awards
- Military Police Corps Trophy: Presented to the high scoring individual in the National Trophy Pistol Team Match.
- General Mellon Trophy: Presented to the high scoring Army competitor in the National Trophy Pistol Team Match.
- General Carl Spaatz Trophy: Presented to the highest scoring individual Air Force competitor in the National Trophy Pistol Team Match.
- Elihu Root Gold Medals: The Four Highest Scoring Individual Civilian Competitors in the National Trophy Pistol Team Match. The Captain and Coach of the highest-scoring civilian National Trophy Team also are recognized as members of the team.
NTI-NTT Individual Aggregate Awards
- Anheuser Busch Trophy: High civilian competitor.
- Fleet Admiral Nimitz Trophy: High Navy competitor.
- General Patton Trophy: High Army competitor.
- William McMillan Trophy: High Marine Corps competitor.
President Individual Awards: A High Woman and High Senior plaque will be awarded.
- Rose Krelstein Trophy: The high women competitor.
- MSG Aubrey E. Smith II Memorial Trophy, donated in 2019 by the Military Marksmanship Association: The high Army New Shooter (Active, Reserve or National Guard).
Top Glock Awards: Awarded to the top competitor using a Glock in the President’s Pistol Match.
Junior Award Plaques: Awarded to the top three juniors in the President’s Pistol Match and National Trophy Individual Pistol Matches and the top three junior teams in the National Trophy Team Pistol Match.
While CMP policy prohibits endorsement of any company product or service, we would like to recognize the following companies that will award their own separate products to the top shooters of the 2021 National Matches.