National Trophy Pistol Matches
In 2021, CMP will expand the Pistol Matches to include the CMP National Championship Pistol Matches to be held at Camp Perry. Dates will be Monday, July 12 through Sunday, July 18.
The first trophy awarded was the General Custer Trophy that annually goes to the National Trophy Individual Pistol Champion. The Custer Trophy was first contested in 1904. The Gold Cup National Trophy Team Trophy was initially awarded in 1920. Today, the National Trophy Pistol Matches provide pistol national championship competitions that preserve the finest traditions of military marksmanship in the United States. A total of 24 different National Trophies are now awarded during the National Trophy Pistol Matches.
- Online Registration
- Printable Pistol Entry Form
- National Pistol Match Daily Schedule
- 2021 CMP National Match Calendar
- CMP Pistol Rules
SERVICE PISTOL TRIGGER WEIGHING AND PISTOL INSPECTION
Pistol checks must be done prior to firing your first pistol match. The triggers of all pistols used in the EIC, President’s, NTI and NTT Matches must be weighed and certified at an Armorer’s Trailer (Commercial Row Vendors are not authorized to weigh and inspect pistols). When pistol triggers are weighed, the pistol will also be checked for compliance with CMP Pistol Rule (Rule 4.2 in the CMP Pistol Competition Rules). The CMP Armorer van will be open throughout the CMP matches. Military vans also are authorized to weigh triggers and certify pistols, however, please check the CMP Armorer Van first as military armorers must give their first priority to working on their team’s pistols. Triggers may be spot checked at any time on the line by a CMP Line Official. Failure to have your trigger certified or having a pistol that does not lift the 4-pound weight or comply with the rules can result in disqualification. If your pistol is repaired at an armorer van and the repair involves trigger work, the armorer will re-weigh the trigger to ensure continued compliance with CMP Rules.
CMP COMPETITION TRACKER AND INTERNET RESULTS POSTING
The CMP will post National Trophy Pistol scores fired during the day on the Internet just as soon as scorecards come in. Tell your shooting club, team members and family members that they also can watch National Match results on the CMP web site at ct.thecmp.org/nmpistolresults.
National Trophy Pistol Awards Ceremony
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, CMP will not host the Shooters’ Reception or the CMP National Trophy Pistol Award Ceremony. There will be no Distinguished Badge presentations in 2021. We will be contacting all Distinguished individuals that would have received their badge onstage in either 2020 or 2021 to receive their badge onstage in 2022. All awards will be mailed.
The National Matches Air Gun Matches will take place July 12 – August 14, 2021, at the CMP Marksmanship Center with its 80-point electronic target equipped range. Daily air gun matches programs will feature 30-shot pistol matches each day. A regular squadded National Matches Air Pistol Championship with a 60 shot course of fire may be fired on a date of each competitor’s choice. Check the National Matches Air Gun Events program for firing times. National Matches pistol competitors are encouraged to bring their air pistols to Camp Perry and to plan to compete in the daily re-entry matches and the 60-shot National Matches Air Pistol Championship.
ADDITIONAL PISTOL AWARDS
National Trophy Team Individual Awards
- Military Police Corps Trophy: Presented to the high scoring individual in the National Trophy Pistol Team Match.
- General Mellon Trophy: Presented to the high scoring Army competitor in the National Trophy Pistol Team Match.
- General Carl Spaatz Trophy: Presented to the highest scoring individual Air Force competitor in the National Trophy Pistol Team Match.
- Elihu Root Gold Medals: The Four Highest Scoring Individual Civilian Competitors in the National Trophy Pistol Team Match. The Captain and Coach of the highest-scoring civilian National Trophy Team also are recognized as members of the team.
NTI-NTT Individual Aggregate Awards
- Anheuser Busch Trophy: High civilian competitor.
- Fleet Admiral Nimitz Trophy: High Navy competitor.
- General Patton Trophy: High Army competitor.
- William McMillan Trophy: High Marine Corps competitor.
President Individual Awards: A High Woman and High Senior plaque will be awarded.
- Rose Krelstein Trophy: The high women competitor.
- MSG Aubrey E. Smith II Memorial Trophy, donated in 2019 by the Military Marksmanship Association: The high Army New Shooter (Active, Reserve or National Guard).
Top Glock Awards: Awarded to the top competitor using a Glock in the President’s Pistol Match.
Junior Award Plaques: Awarded to the top three juniors in the President’s Pistol Match and National Trophy Individual Pistol Matches and the top three junior teams in the National Trophy Team Pistol Match.
While CMP policy prohibits endorsement of any company product or service, we would like to recognize the following companies that will award their own separate products to the top shooters of the 2021 National Matches.