CMP Creates Summer CMP Home Range Appreciation Series of Events for Adult and Junior Competitors
June 2, 2020Civilian Marksmanship Program▸The First Shot▸CMP Creates Summer CMP Home Range Appreciation Series of Events for Adult and Junior Competitors
By Ashley Brugnone, CMP Writer
The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) has prepared a solution to allow everyone to keep shooting and compete with one another during the summer months – right from the comfort of everyone’s local range!
The CMP Home Range Appreciation Series is a collection of rifle, pistol, CMP Games, smallbore and air rifle competitions (open to both adult and junior athletes) which will be fired in local club matches and once scorecards are submitted the scores will be compared against overall scores from around the nation and prizes will be announced and awarded.
All matches must adhere to social distancing rules and obey CDC and local/federal government guidelines for group settings while also complying with standard range safety practices. Although we are eager for our competitors to return to the ranges, demonstrating mutual respect and safeguarding the welfare of everyone remains the highest priority at all of our events.
The CMP Home Range Appreciation Series is comprised of the following matches:
- White Oak 1600 Rifle Aggregate – Competitors in the 1600 Aggregate will compete in two CMP 800 Aggregates at 200, 300 and 600 yards. If shot as a team match, an 800 Aggregate Course of Fire must be followed. In place of the National Elihu Root Team typically selected during the National Matches, leading competitors of this event will be invited to the November Talladega 600 by White Oak to compete individually and as an overall team.
- 200-Yard Reduced Course 800 Rifle Aggregate – This match will be fired entirely at 200 yards. Competitors may only enter once.
- Garand/Springfield/Vintage/Modern Military Rifle Match (GSMM), 30-Shot Match Only – Fired completely at 200 yards, competitors may only fire each rifle one time. No re-entry or Unlimited classes will be permitted.
- Rimfire Sporter Rifle Match – Consisting of an O-Class, T-Class or TU Class, this match will be fired at the usual 50 and 25 yards. Competitors may fire once in each class.
- CMP Pistol 2700 – This match will be held at 50 and 25 yards with a .22 Rimfire Pistol, a Centerfire Pistol and a .45 caliber pistol (to total 2700 possible points). Only juniors may use a .22 Rimfire Pistol for all phases.
- Smallbore 3×20 – Two separate 3×20 smallbore events are available, which may be fired at 50 Yards/Meters and/or 50 Feet – both from kneeling, prone and standing positions.
- Smallbore Prone 3200 (Metallic and Any Sight) 50 Yards, 50 Meters, 100 Yards – Fired over a two-day period (one for metallic sights, one for any sights), with scores entered by category. Match directors may also opt for a single day of Prone (1600).
- Air Rifle 3×20 – For juniors only, this match is fired at prone, standing and kneeling positions. Juniors have the opportunity to earn Excellence-In-Competition (EIC) points toward a Distinguished Badge in this match. 2020 high school graduates are eligible to qualify for EIC points.
- Air Rifle 60 Shot – For juniors and adult competitors, the match will be scored in the decimal sum and should be scored electronically using electronic targets or the Orion Scoring System.
CMP Affiliated Clubs in good standing can sanction Home Range Appreciation Series events by filling out a match application at https://thecmp.org/competitions/home-range-appreciation-series/. All competitors firing in the CMP Home Range Appreciation Series will receive one special t-shirt and one commemorative coin to be mailed out after the event is complete (only one of each per competitor, regardless of the number of events entered).
All matches MUST be fired by Sept. 8, 2020, and results must be received by Sept. 14 to qualify. Late results will not be accepted. Results will be final on Oct. 1, 2020. All scores from this competition will be available for viewing on the CMP Club and Competition Tracker at https://ct.thecmp.org/homerangeResults.
For participating clubs, the CMP will supply specially designated scorecards, match report forms and return envelopes (if applicable for the match). Detailed instructions on submitting scores back to CMP Headquarters at Camp Perry will be emailed to match contacts, after matches are approved. We also ask that all clubs submit photos of their events to the CMP.
To recognize outstanding competitors, several awards will be distributed at the conclusion of the series, including:
- Overall Winner, High Junior, High Women, High Senior and High Grand Senior certificates for each rifle/pistol event.
- Three-Position Air Rifle certificates to first, second and third places in sporter and precision classes.
- A unique opportunity for junior air rifle competitors to earn EIC points toward their Junior Distinguished Badge. The top 25 percent of all non-distinguished 3×20 junior shooters will receive between 6 to 10 points toward their Distinguished Badges.
- Additional prizes from Match Sponsors.
Download the Application, Match Program, view Ranges Hosting the CMP Home Range Series and view results at https://thecmp.org/competitions/home-range-appreciation-series/. Applications may also be requested by contacting the CMP at [email protected] or 419-635-2141.
Sponsorship opportunities for event award donors and t-shirt logo placement are also still open to interested organizations and companies. Contact Christina Roguski at 419-635-2141 ext. 714 or [email protected] with questions. Download a Sponsorship form from the CMP website at https://thecmp.org/competitions/home-range-appreciation-series/.
Though we remain apart, we hope that you will join us in this opportunity to return to what we enjoy most in the world of competitive marksmanship – excitement, fun and friendly competition. We remind everyone to stay safe and healthy while competing, and we look forward to seeing the many excellent scores that will find their way back to Camp Perry in the coming months.
Good luck, and good shooting!