CMP State Championships
CMP State Championship matches are shoulder-to-shoulder three position air rifle matches held on the state level. These matches are hosted either by the CMP State Director or a State Director appointed match director. State directors may order state medals from the CMP at the time of sanctioning for $6.00 each.
Each state’s team winners in Sporter and Precision, as well as the top individual, will qualify to participate in one of the CMP Regional Championships. Shooters may also choose to fire in the CMP Postal Competition in addition to the state championship matches. Registration for the postal opens on 1 November 2016.
CMP State Championship Guidelines
CMP State Championship competitions must be held 1 November 2016 – 31 January 2017. All results must be uploaded to CMP or turned in by 8 February 2017.
- Only match per state (one location over one weekend) is preferred. However, regional matches may be granted for a state due to its size, but all results will be combined to determine the top shooters/teams.
- Match sanctioned by State Director, the state director may appoint anyone other than themselves as the Match Director but the match sanctioning must be turned in my the State Director. If there is not a state director for your state please contact us.
- State Championship matches MUST meet Cup Match criteria.
- Each State Championship match must allow both sporter and precision class athletes to participate.
- EIC points will be awarded.
- State winners will qualify for the Regional Championships. The top sporter and precision team as well as the top individual (not on a qualifying team). This invitation is only good for the winners; invitations will NOT be passed down. All other teams/ individuals may only qualify through the postal competition.
- State Championship medals may be purchased through the CMP at $6 a piece by match directors.
- Matches may be scored by any method. Center shots MUST be scored and recorded.
|Deadline to Sanction Match||31 October 2016|
|Deadline to Conduct Match||1 November 2016 - 31 January 2017|
Any questions regarding these guidelines or information about the CMP State Championships can be directed to CMP at 3PAR@thecmp.org or 419-635-2141 ext. 731 or 702.