This satellite match offers all junior and adult air rifle and air pistol shooters a program designed to encourage participation in the sport and test marksmanship skills nationally with their peers. The program consists of Air Rifle, Air Pistol, and Para-Air Rifle/Air Pistol events.
Quarterly matches can be shot on Orion paper targets or electronic targets. Orion targets must be requested from the CMP and will be mailed to participants. All Orion targets must be returned for scoring at CMP (Return address: 1470 Sentinel Drive, Anniston, AL 36207). Scorecard files/Graphic scorecards from electronic targets may also be mailed or be faxed/emailed to CMP. Electronic scorecards must show individual shots in decimal and centers, except for pistol. A graphic scorecard will do this.
Individual matches:[Rifle] 3x20 Sporter Junior; 3x20 Sporter Adult (19&older); 3x20 Precision Junior; 3x20 Precision Adult (19&older); 60 Standing; 60 SH1 Prone; 60 SH1 Standing; 60 SH2 Prone; 60 SH2 Standing
Competitors may fire in either sporter or precision, but not both
[Air Pistol] 60 Open; 60 SH1 Standing; PPP 40 Basic Supported (max age 13); PPP 40 Standing Supported (max age 15); PPP 40 International Standing (age 15-20)
$5 per competitor if using electronic targets
$8 per competitor if using Orion (We will mail a set of Orion targets)
Note: You cannot use your own Orion targets. We will supply the targets with competitor names and numbers.
The current National Standard Three-Position Air Rifle Rules and USA Shooting Air Rifle and Pistol rules apply.
Every competitor who competes in the CMP “Aces” Postal will receive a specially designed participation poker chip. There will be a different color each quarter, so collect all four!
Category awards will be a specially designed wood plaque mailed to winners based on the number of participants in each category. Each category must have at least 10 competitors to receive an award for 2nd place, and 20 for 3rd place. Junior Sporter and Precision 3x20 will also include an overall award.
Please see chart on next page for important dates and deadlines. We will not mail targets for a future quarter until that quarter has started.
Please notify the CMP South Competitions staff at [email protected] or call 256-835-8455 ext. 600 or 445 to report any errors or omissions prior to the end of the challenge period. Challenge periods will be announced in the results bulletin at the end of each quarter.
COURSE OF FIRE
All 3x20 courses of fire are 20 shots prone, 20 shots standing, and 20 shots kneeling in integer format while all other rifle courses of fire are 60 shots in decimal format.
All PPP courses of fire are 40 shots with the rest of the pistol events in 60 shots, both in integer format.
EXPLANATION OF ADAPTIVE SHOOTING
Overviews of the Paralympic categories are as follows:
Only SH1 and SH2 classes are represented in the Paralympic Games, based on IPC Shooting Classification Rules and Regulations.
- SH1 – Shooters able to support a firearm without a stand
- SH1 class includes athletes with lower limb impairments and either no upper limb impairments, or an upper limb impairment that does not prevent the athlete from supporting the weight of the rifle or pistol themselves (i.e. in the non-shooting arm for pistol shooters). Many, but not all, athletes compete in a sitting position either from a wheelchair or chair/stool
- SH2 – Shooters requiring a firearm support to shoot
- SH2 class includes athletes who also have more severe upper limb impairments, which prevents the athlete from supporting the weight of the rifle themselves. SH2 athletes compete only in rifle events, and use a spring mounted stand to support the weight of the rifle. Some athletes also require a support assistant to load the rifle for them.
Sub-classifications A, B and C define wheelchair backrest height depending on back and pelvic strength per athlete.
The following positions are adapted for Paralympic shooters:
- Standing (standing or seated, shooting table support not allowed)
- Kneeling (Seated, single elbow support on shooting table plus use of a sling)
- Prone (Seated or prone, both elbows supported atop a shooting table plus use of a sling)
For any and all issues or questions please email the CMP South staff at [email protected] or call 256‐835‐8455 ext. 600 or 445.